Proactive B2B sales professional energized to help GLOBIS Unlimited grow its international clientele
Since its foundation in 1992, GLOBIS has fostered management ecosystems of people, capital, and knowledge. Today, the company is involved in a range of activities, from higher education and corporate training to venture capital. GLOBIS also operates the G1 Institute and the KIBOW Foundation, both non-profit organizations to promote creativity and innovation in society. The GLOBIS MBA and corporate training programs are offered both online and in person across Japan, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand and San Francisco. GLOBIS University is the proud home of Japan's No. 1 MBA and is rapidly growing to claim this title for all of Asia and the globe.
As education is undergoing a major transformation through technology, GLOBIS established the GLOBIS Digital Platform Division in 2016 in order to develop it into an Ed-Tech venture, and currently has more than 200 employees in the division. With the mission to “expand people’s horizons by creating the future of education," GLOBIS is committed to achieving its vision of becoming a leading global Ed-Tech company born in Japan.
GLOBIS Unlimited is our e-learning platform that provides an opportunity for busy professionals to learn business wherever and whenever they like. Short, practical courses cover topics ranging from MBA essentials to the latest business trends. New learners find an accessible gateway into the world of business, while experienced professionals can update their knowledge and reinforce key concepts.
GLOBIS Corporation is looking for an experienced sales consultant to join the GLOBIS Unlimited Business Development Team. Your main focus will be to sell our e-learning service to a growing international client base, overseeing all aspects of the sales funnel, from lead generation to contract finalization, with a strong focus on bringing new, unexplored clients to GLOBIS.
As a member of the business development team, you will be given autonomy to execute your tasks and reach your targets, while working together with a diverse, vibrant and dynamic team.
- Build and execute a lead generation strategy to bring in new clients
- Work with key collaborators to develop effective sales strategies including sales pitches and approaches
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (mainly: marketing team, customer success team, vendors and partner agencies) to reach sales targets
- Create a regional plan that identifies priority clients and strategies in order to grow specific territory sales targets.
- Organize key events, sponsorships, collaboration and other initiatives to drive sales and service awareness
- Design and execute strategic sales plan that expands our service client base and ensures it’s strong presence in the market
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Successful previous experience as a sales consultant
- Native English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from generation to close
- Japanese proficiency (JLPT N3 or higher)
- Proactive sales starter, highly driven and detail oriented
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Solid presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Eager to nurture and develop professional relationship with a variety of stakeholders
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Have a strong interest in GLOBIS business and GLOBIS WAY
- Experience working with Salesforce and Pardot
- Strong passion in the education, L&D, and technology solutions industries
- Working knowledge of the e-learning industry
- Regional market research skills
- Global sales experience, selling across boarders
- Experience dealing with C-suite clients
|職種 / 募集ポジション||《Tokyo》B2B Sales Consultant, GLOBIS Unlimited (Professional)|
屋内原則禁煙/No smoking indoors in principle
|雇用形態／Position type|| |
Salary depends on work experience, skills, and abilities ・Annual salary revision in July ・Profit-sharing (per company rules and regulations) ・The annual salary is inclusive of premium wages for 45 hours of overtime work and for 10 hours of nighttime work.
・Commutation expenses covered ・Health insurance, employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, pension ・Retirement age: 60 ・Stock-holding system
|教育制度及び資格補助／Self-development benefits|| |
・GLOBIS MBA partial subsidy* ・Short-term study abroad support* ・Self-development subsidy (max 200,000 JPY/year) ・Support for attending training courses required for work (all expenses covered by the company at the discretion of the department head) *Employees are requested to repay the above-mentioned subsidy/support in case they: -Do not complete the program, or -Leave GLOBIS during program enrollment or within two years of program completion.
|プロフェッショナル職の職掌要件／Requirement for the Professional|| |
Due to the nature of the role expected of the "Professional" position, holding a master's degree (in any field) is a requirement at the time of employment. If you do not have a master's degree at the time of hire, but are willing to work on obtaining a master's degree outside of work hours as part of your self-development after joining the company and meet the requirements of the position, you are eligible for this position. *The field of the master's degree is not required.
|就業時間／Working hours|| |
Flexible Working Hours
|平均残業時間／Approx. Overtime Work|| |
Avg. 10-20 hours per month
|リモートワーク／Remote Work|| |
While emphasizing that meeting in-person helps create good communities, corporate culture, and relationships, we will actively adopt online and remote working using cutting-edge technology. Commuting to work two or more days per week is recommended, but the specific policy is determined by the nature of the work of each department/team.
・Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays ・20 paid holidays per year. The paid holidays in the first year will be calculated on a pro-rata basis from the start date. ・Annual holidays: New Year’s period (ex. Dec 29-Jan 4), marriage leave, condolence leave, natural disaster leave, maternity leave, sabbatical (after 5 and 10 consecutive years with the company)
Department: GLOBIS Digital Platform Team: GLOBIS Unlimited GLOBIS Unlimited team consists of about 10 members.
|1日のスケジュール（例）／Typical Workday|| |
GLOBIS employees have flexible working hours and are allowed remote work. Depending on the department and other conditions, staff are asked to commute to the office 1-2 days/week. Typical working hours are 9:30-18:00, with a 1-hour lunch break and weekends (Sat, Sun) off. Seminars/webinars, international interviews, etc. often take place in the evening (19:00-21:00), so starting hours are adjusted accordingly.
|将来のキャリアイメージ／Career Trajectory|| |
Successful candidates are self-motivated but communicative with teammates, organized, and eager to both apply their skills and develop new ones. You will hold a key role in a diversified team, so your performance will need to be reliable and adaptable. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys engaging with and developing clientele and wishes to make a positive impact on society through Ed-Tech.
University or Graduate school graduate
|選考フロー／Interview Process|| |
CV Submission/Screening →1st interview with Manager/Leader of Department→ 2nd interview with HR →3rd interview with Director of Department → 4th interview with Director of HR *There may not be a 4th interview. *An English cover letter (Theme: What would you like to do or achieve in our company?) is required when submitting a resume. *Candidates who do not meet the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test requirements may be required to take an online test arranged by GLOBIS during the screening process. *For non-Japanese nationality holders, please tell us the status of your residence such as Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services (ESI) and its expiry date.