Since its foundation in 1992, GLOBIS has fostered management ecosystems of people, capital, and knowledge. Today, the company is involved in a range of activities, from higher education and corporate training to venture capital. GLOBIS also operates the G1 Institute and the KIBOW Foundation, both non-profit organizations to promote creativity and innovation in society. The GLOBIS MBA and corporate training programs are offered both online and in person across Japan, Shanghai, Singapore, and Thailand. GLOBIS University is the proud home of Japan's No. 1 MBA and is rapidly growing to claim this title for all of Asia.
GLOBIS Insights (globisinsights.com) is an online publication powered by GLOBIS, home of Japan’s No.1 MBA. We provide practical career tools and inspiring stories for future business leaders. We’re looking for a multimedia content specialist to boost the variety and quality of our non-text content (image, video, audio) for a rapidly expanding international audience.
You will be responsible for planning and implementing non-text multimedia content in accordance with the GLOBIS Insights publication schedule and content strategy as GLOBIS expands overseas. Your duties will include the following:
- Oversee recording of seminars, webinars, and interviews with international business leaders, GLOBIS faculty, and thought leaders across multiple industries
- Edit video (including cuts, thumbnails, title sequences, etc.) in accordance with the GLOBIS Insights mission, visual guidelines, and branding
- Oversee third-party/ourtsourced media projects
- Apply a sense of design and quality production value
- Plan content in alignment with the GLOBIS Insights publication schedule
- Work with marketing teams to plan social media content, including live streamed events
魅力／Challenges of the position
You will be in charge of all video content for GLOBIS Insights, from planning shoots to applying design elements in the final cut. Our team is small, international, and key to the rapid expansion of GLOBIS. You will have a great deal of creative input on how we execute our mission and branding going forward. The position will also bring you face-to-face with influential people in all sectors of society. Working with the GLOBIS Insights team is an opportunity to uniquely develop your career on the global stage.
- Native English or equivalent
- JLPT N3 or equivalent
*JLPT N2 or above is required for a candidacy for a full-time employee. A candidate with N3 or lower will be considered as a candidate for a contract employee.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a video editor
- Flexibility and professionalism to create quality content and foster strong relationships with team members, GLOBIS colleagues, and outside contacts
- Excellent communication skills and design sense
- Familiarity with video/audio/image editing software, especially Adobe products (Adobe Premier/Photoshop/Illustrator a must; After Effects and Audition preferred)
- Understanding of how multimedia content displays and engages social media audiences
- An eye for design, layout, and detail (both for creativity and alignment with existing branding guidelines)
- Strong time/project management skills
- Fluency with Google Analytics
- Experience managing content on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience streaming live content and using associated tools (OBS, Twitch, Facebook/YouTube streaming features)
- Experience using online video file management systems (Frame.io)
- Experience managing podcasts
|職種 / 募集ポジション||《Tokyo》Multimedia Content Specialist|
No Smoking in the office. (Smoking room available)
|雇用形態／Position type|| |
Salary depends on work experience, skills, and abilities ・Annual salary revision in July ・Profit-sharing (summer and winter, as per company rules and regulations)
・Commutation expenses covered ・Health insurance, employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, pension ・Retirement age: 60 ・Stock-holding system
|就業時間／Working hours|| |
Flexible Working Hours
・2 days off/week (Sat/Sun) ・20 paid holidays (can roll over to the following year) after 3-month probation period ・Annual holidays: New Year’s period (ex. Dec 29-Jan 5), marriage leave, condolence leave, natural disaster leave, maternity leave, sabbatical (after 5 and 10 consecutive years with the company)
|教育制度及び資格補助／Self-development benefits|| |
・GLOBIS MBA partial subsidy ・Short-term study abroad support ・Self-development subsidy (max 200,000 JPY/year) ・Support for attending training courses required for work (all expenses covered by the company at the discretion of the department head)
Avg. 10-20 hours per month (maximum allowed is 45 hrs/month)
Department: President’s Office & Entrepreneurship Team: Brand Communications/GLOBIS Insights Team The GLOBIS Insights team is part of the Brand Communication (BC) sub-department at GLOBIS HQ. BC consists of about 10 members and oversees GLOBIS Corporation publications, domestic PR, and event support. GLOBIS Insights currently has 2 members, but is growing rapidly in accordance with the 2021 GLOBIS expansion strategy.
|1日のスケジュール（例）／Typical Workday|| |
GLOBIS employees have flexible working hours and are allowed remote work. Depending on the department and other conditions, staff are asked to commute to the office 1-2 days/week. Typical working hours are 9:30-18:00, with a 1-hour lunch break and weekends (Sat, Sun) off. Seminars/webinars, international interviews, etc. often take place in the evening (19:00-21:00), so starting hours are adjusted accordingly.
|将来のキャリアイメージ／Career Trajectory|| |
Successful candidates are self-motivated but communicative with teammates, organized, and eager to both apply their skills and develop new ones. You will hold a key creative role in a small team, so your performance will need to be reliable and adaptable. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative-minded individual to develop their skills and engage audiences with content that will inspire positive change in society.
|選考フロー／Interview Process|| |
Application screening→First interview (HR)→Second interview (Team leader＋Team member)→Third interview (Department head)→Fourth interview (HR) *There may not be the 4th interview. *Applicants are required to submit an essay (Theme: What would you like to do or achieve in our company?). *There is a test to assess thinking skills.