We are a growing venture technology company in need of a English language Copywriter who can connect with our customer and fan base through multiple mediums. In this role, you’ll be responsible for editing and sometimes completely rewriting translated-from-Japanese marketing materials, product descriptions, software user interface labels, subtitles, and email & text chat replies. We work in a fast-paced market that occasionally requires irregular work hours and quick turnarounds, so flexibility is critical for success in this position. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative and able to work remotely from a different timezone. The ideal candidate will have had experience with the Japanese market.
- Write high-engagement content that reflects our brand’s voice
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Creative Engineering to create, proof, and edit a variety of English language content for print, software, and broadcast
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- English writing ability equivalent or better than an average monolingual native English speaker
- Demonstrated success (ex. a portfolio) in writing for a successful English internet presence
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with internet collaboration software such as Google Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Slides, and Slack
- Experience with TMS / translation management systems (ex. Zanata) and associated file formats (ex. XLIFF) not required, but you need to be able to learn to use it
- An understanding of Japanese and the particulars regarding translating it into English is not required, but nice to have.
|職種 / 募集ポジション||English Copywriter (Part-Time)|
This is a remote part-time hourly position; although the office is in Tokyo, living in Japan or physically commuting to the office is not necessary
The candidate must be able to respond to any asynchonous communication (ex. email) sent on weekdays (excluding Japanese and local holidays) within 24 hours, and be available for real-time communication (video and/or text chat) during our Japanese business hours once a month. The candidate must be able to provide and use their own broadband speed capable internet browser software and supporting hardware.