"Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers throughout Japan. In October2014, Paidy started Japan’s first Buy Now Pay Later service for e-commerce consumers. With the mission of removing hassles and embracing simplicity, Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments tomerchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incompletetransactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitatingrepeat purchases from consumers. Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline
Paidy is a payment platform that lets online merchants accept payments in real-time from customers without credit cards.
Paidy is looking for engineers to join the platform team. We build and support an innovative payment platform that processes cardless payments, opening up convenient online commerce for people without credit cards. Every day, week & month, our challenge is to scale and support the growing merchant and consumer base, evolve along their needs, while maintaining and protecting simplicity along all dimensions.
About the team
We’re growing fast and we know that what worked a year ago won’t necessarily work a year from now. This applies to our technology and the organization of our teams. This offers tremendous opportunities for those willing to take ownership and responsibilities.
We believe in honesty & empathy, introspection & collaboration, laughter & relationships, play to your strengths and patch your weaknesses, ask questions at all times, stay open-minded.
About the job
The Paidy product & platform revolves around data. Looking at our future, we need to look at every piece of our business architecture and infrastructure with a detailed and critical eye. You will help us be thoughtful and deliberate about tackling the right bottlenecks, as well as develop new features and support, extend or simplify the existing ones. You’ll have the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of creating simple user experiences for complex products.
- You will work with colleagues and teams building and improving a variety of services and features for internal and external users:
- MyPaidy, which is Paidy’s single page application for consumers. What started out as a simple payments dashboard, is growing into a full application where consumers can review and manage the increasing number of payment solutions Paidy offers.
- Frontend experiences for merchants that make it as easy as possible for them to receive and manage their paidy payments online. All of our merchants participate in doing business online, and payments are an essential part of their process. Reducing friction here is what it’s about.
- Paidy Admin, Paidy’s internal tool used across teams to investigate and manage merchants & consumers, payments & charges, partners and settlements. We aim to increase our efficiency through investment in internal tools, and each of those tools has its own unique set of frontend engineering challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Instrument the systems with monitoring and alerting to ensure accuracy, availability and responsiveness.
You might be a fit if：
- You have a degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent through experience
- You had professional experiences building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Flow, and Webpack
- You have team-based software development experience, and enjoy working with different stakeholders
- You care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
- You enjoy being a generalist working on anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- You actively seek better consumer experiences and make design proposals through wireframes, sketches and mockups
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- You have a high bar for producing clean, maintainable and testable code
- You are comfortable working in a big codebase with multiple stakeholders
- You love learning and are not afraid to jump in
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar.
Nice to have:
- You are familiar with creating B2C user experiences
- Experience with financial or payment product
Please include in your application
- A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for. What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you?
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Dribbble, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan
|職種 / 募集ポジション||Front-end Engineer|
|本社所在地 / Address|| |
〒107-6212 東京都港区赤坂9-7-1 ミッドタウン・タワー12階 Midtown Tower 12F 9-7-1,Akasaka Minato-ku,Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-6212 Japan
|資本金 / Capital (including capital reserve)|| |
159億 9,120万 9,360円（2019年12月末時点） JPY 15,991,209,360 (as of December, 2019)
|代表者 / representative of corporation|| |
代表取締役会長 : ラッセル・カマー 代表取締役社長 兼 CEO : 杉江 陸 副社長執行役員 : 橋本 知周 取締役 兼 CFO : 藪内 悠貴 Founder & Executive Chairman : Russell Cummer President & CEO : Riku Sugie Executive Vice President : Tomohiro Hashimoto Director & CFO : Yuki Yabuuchi
|ライセンス / License|| |
個別信用購入あっせん業者：関東（個）第86号-1 貸金業者：東京都知事（2）第31529号 金融商品取引業：00関東財務局長 (金商) 第2149号 Consumer Credit Broker Registration:Kanto（個）No.86-1 Money Lending Business License:Governor of Tokyo（2）No. 31529 Financial Instruments Business License:Kanto Finance Bureao (Financial Instruments) No.2149
|加入団体 / Association Memberships|| |
一般社団法人第二種金融商品取引業協会 日本貸金業協会会員 第005391号 日本クレジット協会 一般財団法人日本情報経済社会推進協会 第22000081(04)号 Type II Financial Instruments Firms Association Japan Financial Services Association No. 005391 Japan Consumer Credit Association:JIPDEC No. 22000081(04)
|加入指定信用情報機関 / Partcipating Institution|| |
株式会社日本信用情報機構 株式会社シー・アイ・シー Japan Credit Information Reference Center Corp. Credit Information Center Corp. (CIC)
|従業員人数 / Number of Employees|| |
127人 （2020年1月末現在） 127 Employees (as of January, 2020)