Please note that an English CV is required.
Shizen Energy Group is a top and rapidly expanding renewable energy developer headquartered in Japan, backed up by government and private funding, and a member of J-Startup, a global startup support program operated by Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. We create and operate solar, wind, and small hydroelectric power plants in Asia and South America and are actively expanding our EnergyTech activities with the aim of making renewable energy within easy reach for everyone. With the help of our colleagues and partners in Japan and around the world, we take action for the blue planet.
- Job Description
The CFO's primary objective is to ensure the company's financial stability, growth, and profitability while maintaining proper financial controls and compliance with relevant regulations.
Financial Strategy: Develop and execute the company's financial strategy in alignment with the overall business goals and objectives. Provide financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making at the executive and board level.
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A): Oversee the budgeting and forecasting process. Monitor financial performance, analyze variances, identify trends, and implement corrective actions as needed.
Financial Reporting: Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Prepare financial statements, management reports, and other financial analyses.
Risk Management: Assess and manage financial risks, including currency fluctuations, interest rates, and other market factors. Develop risk mitigation strategies and internal controls to safeguard company assets.
Capital Management: Manage the company's capital structure, including debt and equity financing. Evaluate investment opportunities and mergers and acquisitions to support growth and expansion plans.
Treasury Management: Oversee cash flow planning, optimize cash balances, and manage relationships with financial institutions.
Tax Planning and Compliance: Ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations, and develop tax planning strategies to minimize tax liabilities.
Investor Relations: Represent the company to investors, analysts, and other stakeholders. Communicate financial performance, business strategies, and growth plans effectively.
Compliance and Regulation: Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting standards, such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Financial Operations: Oversee the finance and accounting departments, providing leadership, guidance, and development opportunities for finance professionals.
Strategic Partnerships: Collaborate with other executives and department heads to align financial goals with the overall corporate strategy.
Financial Systems and Technology: Implement and maintain robust financial systems and technology to improve efficiency and accuracy in financial operations.
Cost Management: Identify opportunities for cost optimization and efficiency improvements throughout the organization.
External Stakeholder Relations: Maintain relationships with external auditors, banks, financial institutions, and regulatory bodies.
Corporate Governance: Ensure adherence to corporate governance principles and best practices.
Skills and Experiences
- Financial Management: Must have a deep understanding of financial principles, including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Strategic Thinking: Align financial goals with the company's long-term vision and mission.
- Leadership and Management: Strong leadership and management skills are essential to motivate and guide the teams effectively.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders such as the board of directors, investors, and other executives.
- Risk Management: Must be adept at identifying and managing financial risks, both short-term and long-term, to ensure the organization's stability and growth.
- Regulatory and Compliance Knowledge: Stay up-to-date with accounting standards, tax regulations, and other financial compliance requirements to ensure the company's financial practices are legal and in line with industry norms.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Expertise: Play a key role in M&A activities, including due diligence, valuation, and integration planning.
- Investor Relations: Communicating with investors, analysts, and stakeholders. They should be adept at managing investor relations and maintaining confidence in the company's financial performance.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the industry as it enables the CFO to understand the unique challenges and opportunities relevant to the organization.
- Ethical Behavior: Ethical behavior is crucial to maintain the trust of stakeholders and ensure the integrity of financial practices.
- Business level of English
- Business level of Japanese
- Knowledge and experience of the Japanese RE market
|職種 / 募集ポジション||CFO|
*Remote working allowed *Possibility of being based outside of Japan in case of Asia time zone
Fully flexible hours (8 hours/day, no core time)
|代表者/Managing Directors|| |
磯野 謙 / Ken Isono（自然電力㈱ 代表取締役） 川戸 健司 / Kenji Kawado（自然電力㈱ 代表取締役） 長谷川 雅也 / Masaya Hasegawa（自然電力㈱ 代表取締役) ヤン・ヴァルツェヒャ / Jan Warzecha (JUWI自然電力㈱ 代表取締役） 花吉 哲芝 / Tetsushi Hanayoshi（JUWI自然電力オペレーション㈱ 代表取締役）
2011年6月 自然電力株式会社/ Shizen Energy Inc. 2013年1月 JUWI自然電力株式会社/ JUWI Shizen Energy Inc. 2013年5月 JUWI自然電力オペレーション株式会社/ JUWI Shizen Energy Operation Inc.
|本社所在地/Address of Head Office|| |
■自然電力株式会社/ Shizen Energy Inc. 〒810-0062 福岡県福岡市中央区荒戸1-1-6 福岡大濠ビル 1-1-6 Arato, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture ■JUWI自然電力株式会社/ JUWI Shizen Energy Inc. 〒113-0033 東京都文京区本郷5丁目33番10号 いちご本郷ビル 5-33-10 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 ■JUWI自然電力オペレーション株式会社/ JUWI Shizen Energy Operation Inc. 〒113-0033 東京都文京区本郷5丁目33番10号 いちご本郷ビル 5-33-10 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033