Please note that an English CV is required.
Shizen Energy Group is a top and rapidly expanding renewable energy developer headquartered in Japan, backed up by government and private funding, and a member of J-Startup, a global startup support program operated by Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. We create and operate solar, wind, and small hydroelectric power plants in Asia and South America and are actively expanding our EnergyTech activities with the aim of making renewable energy within easy reach for everyone. With the help of our colleagues and partners in Japan and around the world, we take action for the blue planet.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Global Offshore/Onshore Wind Project Director/Manager to lead project origination, partnership, bidding, and execution of offshore/onshore wind projects in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, South East Asia, and Brazil.
Since its creation in 2011, Shizen Energy Group has always been proud to offer outstanding career development opportunities in a highly diverse environment with a strong startup culture. We also support remote and fully flexible working, although a successful candidate would need to be based in or relocate to Japan to attend face-to-face meetings.
Key Appeal Points
- Exposure to the growing renewable energy business in Japan and overseas markets
- Collaborating with Shizen’s international members from various countries and backgrounds
- Open to flexible working style (flexible hours and remote working permitted)
- Contribute as a core member of the RE Development Business Unit, which covers PV/Wind(Onshore/Offshore) business in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, and Brazil.
- Lead project origination, partnership, bid, and execution of offshore/onshore wind projects in Japan, Korea, South East Asia, and Brazil.
- Coordinate project area identification, assessment, engagement, and coordination of third-party consultants for environmental and preparation/submission/amendment of development approval applications.
Partnership and Acquisition
- Support due diligence activities for new acquisition or partnership opportunities for offshore/onshore wind projects.
- Develop and maintain business alliances and partnerships with key stakeholders, local partners, and co-developers.
Bid (particularly in Japan)
- Make winning bid strategy with co-developers and third-party advisors Coordinate and support the different workstreams for bid development.
- Direct daily development activities under VUCA situations, an essence of project development, while balancing different and potentially conflicting requirements on quality, costs, time, etc.
- Track, organize, and report on the development progress against budget and schedule, including updates of project financial models through emails, slide decks, spreadsheets, etc.
- Manage crucial procurement processes, including RFPs for surveyors, equipment suppliers, EPC/BoP contractors, and consultants.
- Collaborate with the project development, finance, engineering, and M&A teams.
- Build relationships with Shizen’s investors and partners, including international and Japanese companies.
- Reporting to the Head of the Business Unit and the Business/Project Development Directors
- Guide and train younger members of the team who will be supporting the project management.
Skills and Experiences
Skills and Experiences
- Ten years or more of business experience in managing and driving delivery of medium and large-scale infrastructure projects in line with renewable energy, ideally offshore wind development and/or onshore wind development.
- Experience in managing and leading a complex, multi-functional team.
- Ability to balance conflicting requirements on quality, costs, and time.
- Ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels and across functions of the business.
- A high self-motivation and excellent leadership.
- Independence, proactive, flexibility, good communication, and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Values transparency, especially during challenging situations.
- Business level of English
- Business level of Japanese
- Knowledge and experience of the Japanese offshore wind market, including the Japanese offshore wind bid system
|職種 / 募集ポジション||Project Director/Manager|
Full-time/Contract based *Possibility of permanent employment after contract period
*Remote working allowed *Possibility of being based outside of Japan in case of Asia time zone
Fully flexible hours (8 hours/day, no core time)
|代表者/Managing Directors|| |
磯野 謙 / Ken Isono（自然電力㈱ 代表取締役） 川戸 健司 / Kenji Kawado（自然電力㈱ 代表取締役） 長谷川 雅也 / Masaya Hasegawa（自然電力㈱ 代表取締役) ヤン・ヴァルツェヒャ / Jan Warzecha (juwi自然電力㈱ 代表取締役） 花吉 哲芝 / Tetsushi Hanayoshi（juwi自然電力オペレーション㈱ 代表取締役）
2011年6月 自然電力株式会社/ Shizen Energy Inc. 2013年1月 juwi自然電力株式会社/ juwi Shizen Energy Inc. 2013年5月 juwi自然電力オペレーション株式会社/ juwi Shizen Energy Operation Inc.
|本社所在地/Address of Head Office|| |
■自然電力株式会社/ Shizen Energy Inc. 〒810-0062 福岡県福岡市中央区荒戸1-1-6 福岡大濠ビル 1-1-6 Arato, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture ■juwi自然電力株式会社/ juwi Shizen Energy Inc. 〒113-0033 東京都文京区本郷5丁目33番10号 いちご本郷ビル 5-33-10 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 ■juwi自然電力オペレーション株式会社/ juwi Shizen Energy Operation Inc. 〒113-0033 東京都文京区本郷5丁目33番10号 いちご本郷ビル 5-33-10 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033