We are looking for a talented facial researcher to work with us and push the quality of our game projects. The facial researcher will utilize and perfect his/her expertise of knowledge and skills in graphical representation of faces.
- Research facial technology to achieve high quality facial model, facial deformation, and facial animation, etc. and deveolop workflow to utilize them.
- Invent new methods for our in-house facial rigging system in Maya to improve quality and efficiency, and implement them into the system.
- Invent and implement new methods for our real-time facial rigging system on game engines to improve quality and efficiency.
- Research and develop methods to control facial animation or procedurally generate facial expressions based on anatomy, human ecology, and behavioral science.
Purpose and appeal
The Advanced Technology Division is an expert set that is active at the front line of game technology, across the fields of rendering, animation, physics simulation, artificial intelligence (AI), networking, big data, workflow, virtual reality (AR/VR) and sound. We are seeking motivated and talented experts to work with us in Tokyo and push the boundaries in content creation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++/C
- Excellent knowledge of mathematics, including linear algebra, quaternions, probability, and analysis.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable, and efficient code in new and existing systems.
- Deep knowledge of facial rigging and animation technologies such as FACS, Winkle Maps, Blendshapes, Lip Sync, Topology Matching, Geometry Capture, Facial Capture.
- Strong understanding of facial modeling, rigging, and animation workflow for game or film production.
Good to have
- Experience implementing and developing UI and functionality in DCC tools (Maya, MotionBuilder, etc.) using Python
- Ability to implement machine learning programs using popular frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- Research experience or similar advanced knowledge in the fields of anatomy, morphology, and kinematics of the human head and neck, including muscles (musculi cutanei and musculi masticatorii), eyeballs, hair, skin, and subcutaneous tissue.
- Research experience or similar advanced knowledge in the behavioral area related to blinking, saccades, breathing, speech, etc., or in the psychological area related to facial expressions.
- Strong academic background in computer graphics or related fields, such as peer-reviewed publications or presentations at international conferences, or experience teaching at an institution in the relevant field.
- Ability to communicate in Japanese.
ex：Guidance for Application
※In the case you enter from overseas, you need a visa.
Currently, due to the Covid-19, visa procedures takes more time than usual.
At the earliest, it will take more than 6 months to join at the earliest.
Please kindly note that in advance.
1. [Job Position page] On the bottom of job pages, there is an "エントリーする" button, which means for apply.
3. [Forms page] Please fill in the forms, and push ”確認画面へ” for the confirmation page.
(Words: 姓=Family Name 名=First Name 半角数字=half-width digit 半角英数字=half-width alphanumeric 確認用=confirm email address ファイルを選択=Select file 選択されていません=not selected 必須です=required)
4. [Confirmation page] Please push "この内容で応募する" for your profile confirmation & application. (click "入力画面へ戻る" to go back & fix your forms.)
|職種 / 募集ポジション||Facial R&D Engineer|
|Type of Employment|| |
Ｎ Contract employee *While an N contract allows for the shift to a full-time position, it does not guarantee it. Several factors, including personal performance and company need, will be taken into consideration when recommending an N contract employee for a full-time contract.
Salary commensurate with experience and ability with due consideration, the company provide employees preferential pay regardless of age according to our company's regulations. Adjustments to the aforementioned wages will be considered in responding to their ability and performance after joining the company.
|Place of Employment|| |
SHINJUKU EASTSIDE SQUARE 6-27-30 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8430, Japan
|Working Hours|| |
It will be flextime. Please note that allocation of work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks is left to the discretion of the employee. *Deemed working hours are 8 hours. *There is no designated overtime. *Different working arrangements from above cases may apply according to our company's regulations.
|Holidays/ Paid Holidays|| |
Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese National Holidays, Year End Holidays (12/29 - 12/31), New Year's Holidays (1/2 - 1/3), paid vacations (It depends on when you are hired), and special leave for weddings and funerals.
|Welfare benefits|| |
Travel allowance, social insurance, recreation facilities, and physical examination are applied.
|Measures against passive smoking|| |
In principle, smoking is prohibited indoors, but a separate smoking room is provided.
(本社) 〒160-8430 東京都新宿区新宿6丁目27番30号 新宿イーストサイドスクエア (事業所) 大阪
代表取締役社長 松田 洋祐