Seeking an experienced public relations specialist to support international PR efforts
Since its foundation in 1992, GLOBIS has fostered a vision to create and innovate societies by fostering management ecosystems of people, capital, and knowledge. Today, the company is involved in a range of activities, from higher education and corporate training to venture capital. GLOBIS also operates the G1 Institute and the KIBOW Foundation, both non-profit organizations to promote creativity and innovation in society. The GLOBIS MBA and corporate training programs are offered both online and in person across Japan, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand, the USA and Europe. GLOBIS University is the proud home of Japan’s No. 1 MBA and is rapidly growing to claim this title for all of Asia.
The Global Communications team is looking for a PR specialist to support our international PR efforts. As a pivotal team in the GLOBIS Corporate expansion overseas, we are tasked with representing the company and showcasing the wide variety and value of GLOBIS services. Our PR specialist would work closely with the Japanese and English PR teams, as well as the digital marketing team to plan and execute social media strategy, support branding, maintain contact databases, write press releases, support events and interviews, etc.
You will be responsible for supporting, planning, and implementing PR activities with the Global Communications team. Your duties will include the following:
- Organize and execute events, campaigns, etc.
- Support social media strategy to expand reach of content and platforms
- Write and edit press releases
- Conduct research for press activities
- Maintain contact databases
- Perform media outreach to explore new partnership opportunities
- Track, monitor, and analyze media coverage (including social media)
- Assist with branding efforts
- Translate Japanese PR materials
- Collaborate with the Japanese PR team
- Provide creative input for PR growth
- Process invoices
- Handle other misc. tasks for branding/PR/content/social media
魅力／Challenges of the position
You will work with a dynamic, international team in an outward-facing role that has the power to directly influence GLOBIS Corporation's brand image as part of our overseas expansion. As you will be supporting a wide range of PR activities, expect high pressure and rewards. You will need to be self-motivated and detail-oriented to develop your people and project management skills. Flexibility and organizational skills are a must. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to think outside the box and provide valuable input for PR strategy.
- Native English or equivalent with strong writing skills
- JLPT N2 or equivalent, written and spoken Japanese (Note: Language proficiency requirements for full-time employees are as follows: Native Japanese speaker, JLPT level 2 or higher, or JLPT level 3 and native level English language proficiency.) *The following tests will be accepted as a substitute for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) . https://globis.box.com/v/japanesetest
- 5+ years of professional experience in public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, communications, English, or a relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong networking skills to liaise with media and contacts in business, politics, and society
- Experience with media outreach and strategy
- Experience with social media strategy and analytics
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Google application suites
- Experience managing and delivering multiple projects with quality output on a rolling basis (time management, communication, and organization skills)
- Flexibility and professionalism to foster strong relationships with team members, colleagues, and outside contacts
- Negotiation skills to manage budget allocation and project details with vendors, agencies, etc.
- An eye for design and detail to provide creativity while aligning with branding guidelines
- Sense of humor and positive outlook
- Have a strong interest in GLOBIS business and GLOBIS WAY
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or similar data analytics tools
- Experience managing content on social media platforms
- Basic website management/development skills
- Experience with corporate branding projects and tools
- Video and image editing skills (Adobe programs or similar)
|職種 / 募集ポジション||《Tokyo》Public Relations Specialist|
屋内原則禁煙／No smoking indoors in principle
|雇用形態／Position type|| |
Salary depends on work experience, skills, and abilities ・Annual salary revision in July ・Profit-sharing (per company rules and regulations)
・Commutation expenses covered ・Health insurance, employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, pension ・Retirement age: 60 ・Stock-holding system
|教育制度及び資格補助／Self-development benefits|| |
・GLOBIS MBA partial subsidy* ・Short-term study abroad support* ・Self-development subsidy (max 200,000 JPY/year) ・Support for attending training courses required for work (all expenses covered by the company at the discretion of the department head) *Employees are requested to repay the above-mentioned subsidy/support in case they: -Do not complete the program, or -Leave GLOBIS during program enrollment or within two years of program completion.
|プロフェッショナル職の職掌要件／Requirement for the Professional|| |
Due to the nature of the role expected of the "Professional" position, holding a master's degree (in any field) is a requirement at the time of employment. If you do not have a master's degree at the time of hire, but are willing to work on obtaining a master's degree outside of work hours as part of your self-development after joining the company and meet the requirements of the position, you are eligible for this position.
|就業時間／Working hours|| |
Flexible Working Hours
|平均残業時間／Approx. Overtime Work|| |
Avg. 10-20 hours per month
|リモートワーク／Remote Work|| |
While emphasizing that meeting in-person helps create good communities, corporate culture, and relationships, we will actively adopt online and remote working using cutting-edge technology. Commuting to work two or more days per week is recommended, but the specific policy is determined by the nature of the work of each department/team.
・Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays ・20 paid holidays per year. The paid holidays in the first year will be calculated on a pro-rata basis from the start date. ・Annual holidays: New Year’s period (ex. Dec 29-Jan 4), marriage leave, condolence leave, natural disaster leave, maternity leave, sabbatical (after 5 and 10 consecutive years with the company)
Department: President’s Office and Entrepreneurship Team: Global Communications The Global Communications team is an arm of the President’s Office and Entrepreneurship team. Though this is a small team, we frequently work with the Japanese PR side and other departments, overseeing critical projects that impact all of GLOBIS, such as in-house branding guidelines.
|1日のスケジュール（例）／Typical Workday|| |
GLOBIS employees have flexible working hours and are allowed remote work. Depending on the department and other conditions, staff are asked to commute to the office 2 days/week. Typical working hours are 9:30-18:00, with a 1-hour lunch break and weekends (Sat, Sun) off. Seminars/webinars, international interviews, conferences, etc. sometimes take place in the evening (19:00-21:00), so starting hours are adjusted accordingly when attendance is required. Infrequent holiday/weekend attendance at conferences or other events may be required.
|将来のキャリアイメージ／Career Trajectory|| |
Successful candidates are self-motivated but highly communicative, organized, and eager to both apply their skills and develop new ones. You will hold a key creative role in a small team, so your performance will need to be reliable and adaptable. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative-minded individual to develop their skills and engage audiences with content that will inspire positive change in society.
Junior College(短大), University or Graduate school graduate
|選考フロー／Interview Process|| |
CV Submission/Screening →1st interview with HR & Team leader & Director → 2nd interview with Director of Department →3rd interview with President → 4th interview with Director of HR *Applicants are required to submit an essay in English during the selection process (Theme: What would you like to do or achieve in our company?). *Candidates who do not meet the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test requirements may be required to take an online test arranged by GLOBIS during the screening process. *For non-Japanese nationality holders, please tell us the status of your residence such as Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services (ESI) and its expiry date.