At Kyoto Fusioneering we believe that the development of fusion will become the best wayto provide a stable, clean and safe supply of energy. We are creating some of the mostinnovative nuclear fusion technologies for key systems required for future fusion powerplants, with a vision to solve what is a global environmental challenge.We are expanding our team in the UK, with the mission of growing our existing activity inthe UK market. The UK team is responsible for forging collaborations, providing consultancy to clients and for supporting collaborative research and development work across our globalbusiness. Working with Kyoto Fusioneering provides an opportunity to experience a realvariety of projects and to learn from experts, whilst giving you the space and autonomy toinnovate.This opportunity will give you exposure to a range of work where you will build relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners alike. You will also get the chance to work in the novel, high tech fusion industry on challenging new engineering problems in nuclear fusion.
About the role
We are looking for a Fusion Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer or Nuclear Design Engineer, preferably with 3-5 years of experience in the nuclear or fusion industry. In this role, you will:
● Support engineering managers in leading design work on major fusion subsystems
(in-vessel components, fuel cycle, power generation) ensuring high-quality engineering outputs,
● deliver project technical outputs to our customers in accordance with time, quality,
cost, and risk performance criteria,
● ensure that knowledge is transferred within the global KF Team,
● contribute to the internal capability and technology development programme, and
● represent KF at international dissemination events.
This role may also involve part-time secondment to client sites for direct project work. Your time may therefore be split between working at the UK office (or remotely) and at client sites.
● Experience in capturing complex set of structural and functional requirements of
● Experience in designing complex components and how they interact as a part of the
● Experience in generating CAD drawings and using software for finite element
modelling and analysis
● Competent in writing and reviewing technical reports and writing manuscripts for
● Have worked in cross-functional team and be comfortable to work in a multicultural
● Appreciation of lithium-based breeders/coolants for advanced breeding blanket
● Experience of tritium handling and recovery systems
● PhD in Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any relevant discipline
● Have chartered status or be working towards chartered status
Additional information – what we offer
● This is a full-time position
● Office location in Reading, UK (possible embedding at Culham, UK)
● Must be able to travel to the Reading/Oxford area (client location) on a weekly basis
● Hybrid working options (remote working) possible
● Competitive salary
● Stock options
● 25-day annual leave allowance in addition to bank holidays
● Career development opportunities
At Kyoto Fusioneering, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis.
|職種 / 募集ポジション||UK - Fusion Design Engineer|